Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mr. 3000

This past weekend, the baseball team Greg coaches managed to accomplish a seemingly impossible feat: they won the Grand Blanc Tournament!


It was so exciting to see his kids meet this goal and exceed even their own expectations. Personally, I enjoyed going to watch the games and see it for myself. Most of the time, I get caught up in how often he isn't home and how frustrating it gets when he's wiped out from a long week of practice. Watching his games are always a nice reminder of what it's really about and seeing how much it means to him to be there.

I managed to get my hands on a couple photos from the day, the trophy presentation and the coach in his uniform.

The boys of summer and their coaches (Greg to the far left, his counterpart, Bob to the far right)


Greg accepting the trophy for the team from the Grand Blanc coach and former roommate, JD.


Coach and the trophy from the tournament. As you may notice, this photo was taken in our backyard...what you may not know is that he took that thing with him from room to room for the rest of the weekend. Proud but goofy.




I'm so proud of him and glad that I could be there to see it all happen.

More to come,
Nicole




No comments: