Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ticket to Ride

Spring is in the air...the snow is melted (for the time being)...and baseball has begun. How did I celebrate all of these things? I went to not one but TWO Detroit Tigers games opening week!

First, I took the day off with my old roommate, Amanda on Friday to go see the game thanks to her sister's, friend's dad's (with me, here?) season tickets he couldn't use. While the weather was a bit cooler than we would have liked and our team didn't win, we still managed to have some fun and were excited to be back in the stadium already this season! I must admit, there's something quite liberating about drinking a hurricane at 1 p.m.on a Friday afternoon.
Amanda and I in our fabulous (free!) seats on Friday enjoying a Tiger Stadium Hurricane

My ticket to the game


Next comes Saturday's game. My coworker, Nate had a friend doing a fundraiser for Relay for Life and selling tickets to the game. Naturally, I bought two tickets to the game (one for Greg and one for me!). We all met up at Greektown for lunch to take advantage of the free parking and delicious food before heading over to the Old Shillelagh for a beverage or two, then taking the short, green bus over to Tigers stadium...seriously, here it is:



and here's Lauren and I on the ridiculous bus:


All in all, it was a lot of fun (even though the Tigers didn't win at either game) and a great excuse to be outside watching baseball.

More to come,

Nicole








No comments: