Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Little Help From My Friends

It's funny how family morph into our friends and our friends can morph into family. It's also pretty amazing when people come into your life and have had nothing but obsticles and offer nothing but a smile and perspective. Brandon is one such person.

Brandon came into the Yelland's life several years ago when he was a student in the elementary school special needs classroom that Greg's mom works at. Now 18 years old, Brandon has grown into a kind, smart and truely inspriation young man.

I met him only recently after Greg's family had experienced a time period without him around. I won't get into details, but the circumstances surrounding his absence give this kid every right to be the complete opposite of who he is today. Now that Brandon's back he's become a younger brother the Greg and his sister, son to his parents. Aside from becoming family to me, he's become a constant source of laughter and reminder to take one day at a time.

During one of his visits to our house, Greg and I learned that Brandon was taking a trip to see his most favorite thing ever: wrestling. Wanting him to be as prepared as possible, Greg and I got him outfitted in a bandana and practiced flexing before he went. The below photos are my favorites:

Brandon laughing his cheeks off:


Greg and Brandon displaying their best flex among giggles:


Brandon's story is certainly one worth mentioning as it's one that has become an important to both Greg and I this past year and it will last a lifetime.

More to come,

Nicole

No comments: