Saturday, April 24, 2010

Catching up

Now that I'm back from the dead, it seems the most appropriate thing to do is recap the past eight months - in true NWLife style: bullets and photos!
  • In July, Greg (or for those of you on Twitter @CoachYelland) and I celebrated our first year of marriage in Mackinac Island
  • After nearly four crazy years, I chose to leave my wonderful friends, coworkers and clients at Airfoil Public Relations for a new job as Social Networking Coordinator with the Detroit Red Wings
  • In my first month at new the new gig, I not only traveled to training camp with the team in Traverse City, MI but also got the opportunity of a lifetime to go to Sweden with the team where I live blogged from the road.
  • Feel deeply in love with our new Akita-Chocolate lab mix, Coach.
  • Made new friends (like the really good kind) at work. Breathed a deep sigh of relief.
  • Made the best EVER Halloween duo combo with my sister.
  • Celebrated my birthday tradition by heading to Crossroads Village to see the Christmas lights (I'm a Christmas Eve baby) with great friends.
  • With the help of Medical Weight Loss Clinics I learned how to eat right for my body and celebrated the loss of 20 pounds and a new beginning.
  • Took some time for myself during the Olympic break with my best friend from childhood and spent Valentine's Day in NYC for Fashion Week and was inspired by art.
  • Headed to Grand Rapids for my annual Ultimate Cycling Challenge spinning event with Team Old School where we not only raised money for Livestrong but also managed to clinch the most spirited team award after 24 hours of spinning.
  • Celebrated the birth of William Louis Urbanik, the son of Nikki and Phil Urbanik - my first friends to have a baby.
  • Celebrated Coach's first birthday with special doggie cookies from Doodle Dog Bakery.
  • Adopted and temporarily housed a siamese kitten as a gift to my dad for his 49th birthday.
  • Started taking boxing lessons and really loving my time at the gym.
This brings us to today. At home, blogging while snuggling up with my puppy (I still call her a pup) waiting for Mr. Y to get home from his baseball tourney and have a date night. There's so much to be thankful for and happy about. This post doesn't come close to capturing it all, but it's a snapshot of my wonderfully charmed life.

More to come,
Nicole

1 comment:

Sara said...

I thought you looked like, WAY thinner than the beginning of the season (tweet suite era), but I didn't want to say anything, because, hello rude. Congrats on your weight loss though! I've lost a bit myself since the beginning of hockey season. :)