Monday, June 9, 2008

Out of This World

Avid magazine reader that I am, I have a confession: I read Redbook. I love it. It may not be targeted toward my demographic, If not for it's thrifty decor tips (which I look forward to putting to use one day), definately for it's recipies.

One day while thumbing through, I found a true gem to surprise Greg with.

(a little backstory) Greg works at Goodrich High School and coaches baseball (mentioned below). Their mascot is the Martian - and while it's a different type of martian - I couldn't resist attempting the recipe I saw photographed here:

After seeing this, I couldn't resist the challenge! While mine may not have turned out as exact as this photo, I had a TON of fun making them, turning my clothes green from mixing in the food dye and even added a little yellow "G" for Greg/Goodrich;)

Here's how my project shook out:

Super green frosting that covered most of my shirt and the kitchen floor...oops.

My many "secret" ingredients for success:

Martians in the freezer to make sure the frosting will "stick"

My little green man as a finished product!
This was truely a messy but fun project. Greg had a good laugh, and I kept myself occupied for an evening.
Good game Redbook!
More to come,
Nicole

1 comment:

metrogal84 said...

These have to be the coolest things I have ever seen! I really like your blog, Ms. Nicole and I hope all is well with you and your fast approaching wedding! =)
-Lauren